Many small and big business houses run and make connections with the help of websites. There are so many options available to the creators which allow them to make the website on their own.
This is a very cost-effective way and many business owners grab the opportunity. Users with just about limited technical knowledge can also create a great website.
The developers need to be careful about every small detail to ensure that the websites’ comes out the way they have desired.
There are always some small simple ways that can improve the way the website works.
It is mostly related to visual effects and simple operational parts that make the users experience enriching when they reach and use the website.
Here a few things that will help you design a creative and appealing website in a unique way.
1) Keep it Simple:- The first thing that a customer notices when they reach any website is the home page. Now, this is your time to make an impression.
Do not over clutter the home page. Create links here so that the ones who are interested can maneuver to other pages.
Make sure that you answer all the queries and critical questions a customer might have about the business.
Provide a proper introduction to the business and explain in details what the customer will gain if they associate with you.
Explain all this in crisp words and do not overload the page with additional information.
Think carefully about the message you want to send and then carefully build everything around it. Keep it simple yet attractive so that all kind of visitors feel connected to it.
2) Set Goals: – Know what the aim of the website you are planning to built. Think of measurable goals that will help to check the success.
These goals could be to increase sales, generate leads, conversion rate, decrease the overheads or advertise and increase awareness about the brand.
The measure of the goals can simply be done with the help of revenues or data that can be collected with forms and other means.
The goals can change over time and so will the content but they should be there so as to know what purpose the website is solving right now.
3) Responsiveness:- This one feature is required at all cost. the website or page which is not responsive might suffer a lot.
Use the formats and plug-ins that can work best on smartphones as well as big devices like laptops.
There is an interesting mix of people using these devices and developer from the first step should keep this in mind.
The animations if they do not work on the mobile or takes a lot of time loading will shoo the customers away and then they will create a bad impression and not try and access the site from laptops as well.
Make versions so that they load according to the device and create a viewing experience.
4) Be an SEO Wizard:- Most of the website are great with content and responsiveness. They are in a good position to help the visitors with all that they want but do not come up when one search for it.
This is because of the SEO ranking that most of the developers struggle with. This is a long topic in itself still small and impactful changes can create help them attain the goal.
SEO is one of the highest ROI when talked about in marketing. When the steps are done right then one can put it on autopilot as it has the capability to work on its own.
This will provide the owners ample time and opportunity to focus on quality of business. It is advised that users start reading much about SEO from dependable content and create a website that is powered by the features.
5) Use Open Source Tools Effectively:- As states the newbie can develop the website on their own using the truckload of resources available to them.
Starting from website themes to plug-ins and support there are many open source tools available. Use them wisely to create something unique.
These are for free and do not put a burden on the users. There is supportive documentation and suitable communities that can help the developers in time of need.
The propriety CMS bind the owners and also burden them with heavy fees. This also does not allow flexibility and openness to choice.
6) Quality Content:- The content should be designed in accordance to the site requirements. If the business wants to sell products via website then there should be photos and product description.
For service providers a detail explanation of the kind of service you provide and the benefits the customer will get should be explained in detail.
This is about what the content should have now it is as important to write that content constructively. Poor quality of the content makes the developers lose interest and they switch to other sites.
For new website it is best to gather as much content before hand as possible. This will curb the delay in making the website go live. Writing and managing content takes time and the developers should be aware of it.
7) Call to Action:- This is a really simple strategy that attracts customers to a website and in most cases convert it into business. Make an attractive call to action images and banners with a link.
Do not simply provide information as the visitors to act on them now. For example do not simply write 50% off on all products in fact write 50% off on all products- click here to view products.
This will tempt the visitor to at least check the products which increases the chances of sale.
Most often website owners rely a lot on outside developers which is not the best strategy. Even when you do not have the technical knowledge no one understands the product or your business as you do and hence you should be fully involved at each step.
Best is to create and run a website by self. Building a great website takes time be patient and take one step at a time.