Undoubtedly, WordPress is one of the preferred website builders Worldwide, and over 45% of websites on the internet are created on WordPress. However, the number of users is increasing day by day. It is a very simple and reliable medium that you can trust and enjoy the best web hosting services too.
With extreme popularity on the web, most web hosting plans are dedicated to WordPress users. Thus, one can go with WordPress installation & Configuration easily.
Is this sounds difficult to you? Are you searching for simple WordPress installation & configuration methods? Do you want to install WordPress manually? If so, then you have come across the right page.
This article will discuss some easy methods for WordPress installation & Configuration. But before that, let us introduce you to WordPress and why you need it. So, let us get started!
Why Should You Choose WordPress?
If you are looking for the easy and most reliable method to create your website with fewer efforts, then do not look further than WordPress. From bloggers to digital agencies, everyone prefers WordPress to other platforms like Wix, Webflow, Shopify, and Weebly.
If you have chosen WordPress, then you will build the right website for you. If you think it is just for bloggers, then you will be glad to know bloggers to E-commerce stores to other complex portals, millions of websites are built on WordPress.
Remember there are two types of WordPress website builders one is WordPress.org, and the other is WordPress.com. So, you need to choose as per your website requirements.
Now, it is crucial to check why WordPress is so popular? Let us see!
- It is simple to set up and allows you to get up and running quickly on the internet
- It is open source and completely free to use
- WordPress has the ability to be tweaked and utilised exactly how you want it.
- When it comes to website creation, WordPress is extremely adaptable, allowing you to construct anything from a personal blog to a corporate website, a portfolio, a news website, or even an online community.
- It allows you to have complete control over your data, content, and the entire website, do you believe?
If you think that’s all, so use it and know the benefits on its own. Now, we are going to talk about some crucial steps you would need to keep in mind when doing WordPress installation & Configuration. So, let’s cover that first.
Things To Know When WordPress installation & Configuration
Before WordPress installation & Configuration, there are some things you should keep in mind when installing WordPress on your local computer or hosting server.
WordPress is built on programming language and MySQL. Thus, you will need to install it carefully on your computer.
For the Web hosting, you will need to check the host supports as follows:
- PHP version 7.4 or above is required as a minimum.
- A MySQL version of 5.6 or higher is required.
- If MySQL is not available, a MariaDB version 10.1 or greater Apache or Nginx server is required for WordPress to function properly.
- HTTPS should be used by any server that supports PHP and MySQL.
To run WordPress on your computer, you will need to set up the local web server environment. You will have various options to choose from, but we will be installing WordPress for the local systems by using WAMP and XAMPP.
However, we will cover this whole later in this article. So, keep reading.
Despite these, you will also need a text editor, FTP, and browser of your choice to work on. With the text editor, you will be able to edit the Configuration of the file.
However, if you are the windows, use Notepad for this or if you are an OS X user, then use TextEdit to do the same. Whereas the FTP program is required to upload the files to a remote server. So for this, you could use FileZilla.
Now you got to know all the important factors that you need to do before WordPress installation & Configuration. So, let’s move to the methods.
Method 1- Install WordPress On The SiteGround
You might know that already; the hosting service provides services such as SiteGround, Bluehost, and DreamHost when pre-WordPress is installed. So, all you have to do is choose the WordPress hosting plan of your demand, then connect it with your domain, and your WordPress installation is ready.
The next step is to go for the installation process that needs to be carried out carefully by using the SiteGround. The steps have covered all the necessary elements you would need to know. So, let’s begin.
Step 1- Choose WordPress Hosting Plan
Your first step is to choose a hosting plan, so here we are taking an example of SiteGround. Depending on the plan that is perfect for your choices and needs, you can click to get a plan.
Step 2- Connect the Domain Name
Next, you have to choose the domain name if not selected. Then you need to buy it first from GoDaddy or other trusted domain selling websites. If you have done this already, then connect it to hosting.
- To buy a domain, select register a new domain option and then proceed.
- Next, fill out details, including your contact details and payment method.
- When the details are completed successfully, you will connect your account With the SiteGround account.
Step 3- Complete WordPress installation & configuration
Now you have an option to either start a new website or migrate the whole data from the old website. Since we need to install WordPress, we need to start with the former.
- Select the WordPress option that will be available under the applications and enter your details. Ensure you have entered all the details correctly, as you would need them to log in to your account.
- Next, tap on the continue button to proceed with the installation.
- Your installation process will be underway, and when it is completed, you will find the screen open to you named with Wordpress.
- Now, you can view your site, access the WordPress dashboard and manage the site.
- Then, choose to go to the site, and your WordPress has been installed properly.
Congratulations! Did you find it easy? Go through the below methods for WordPress installation & Configuration.
Method 2- Install WordPress With cPanel and Auto Installers
Yet another simple method to install WordPress is using cPanel. So, let us see how you can do it.
To get started, you will need to log in to cPanel types such as CentOS, Plesk, etc.
Step 2- Choose WordPress Auto Installer
In cPanel, find an auto-installer; depending on the hosting you choose, it may vary. You can find options like Softaculous, Fantastico, and more.
- Next, Go ahead and click on the WordPress logo under the auto-installer.
- Now, you will be on the WordPress installation page and tap on the install now link.
Step 3- Connect The Domain Name
- Start by choosing the latest version of WordPress from the drop-down options.
- Next, go ahead and choose the domain.
- Once you’ve signed up, enter the site name and description. You can even skip this for now and edit it later from the WordPress dashboard.
Step 4- Create Login Details
Now, your step is to create the admin account. This account name and password will be used to login into Wordpress and access the site. So, do not share with anyone and save the details carefully. Then tap on the install button when you complete the on-screen details.
Step 5- Launch The WordPress Site
The WordPress has been installed successfully, and the system will show your site and the URLs. Now, you are ready to log in to your WordPress and make the necessary changes you want.
How easy is that too? Still need more, then move to the next method for WordPress installation & Configuration.
Method 3- Install WordPress Manually With FTP
You can install WordPress manually with the help of FTP. This process does not involve minutes, and also, it is not the easiest way like 1& 2 to install WP. So, to use this method, follow the given steps.
- With this step, you will need to upload the files to the public_html directory of the website.
- This will require an FTP client such as FileZilla.
- Next, you will need to choose FTP Credentials to log into the hosting account. You can obtain it from the control panel.
- Next, launch the FTP client and connect the site’s web server using FTP credentials from the website hosting provider.
- Most often, FTP client’s uses a two-column split view. So from the left side, you can access the files and add them to your local computer, while on the right-hand side, you can access the destination folder from the remote web server where you need to upload files.
- When the files are uploaded, log in to your account of the hosting control panel.
Step 3- Create MySQL Database and User
The next step is WordPress installation & Configuration to create a database. WordPress stores all of your website content in the database. When the visitor’s requests the page, WordPress pull out the content from the database and creates pages dynamically.
Thus, we have to create the database.
- Log in to your cPanel and locate the database or phpMyAdmin option.
- However, the location of the database and phpMyAdmin may vary based on rhe hosting service provider.
- Now click on the create database, or you can access the phpMyAdmin dashboard.
- Enter the credentials such as unique name to the database.
- Next, under the language and encoding, choose utf8_series.
- Select utf8mb4_general_ci, if you do not find the language,
- When you are done, click on create option.
- Next, you have to create the user and set permissions to access and modify your database.
- Click on add new user option
- Here, it is recommended to enter the strong username and password. Most importantly, you will need to keep the credentials safe and access the database shortly.
- When you are completed, click on the Go button.
- The database is set up and now tell the WordPress to connect the database.
The database details need to be specified in the wp-config.PHP.file.
See, it is the new installation, and you will notice the name wp-config-sample.php. in the remote server.
Next, rename this file to wp-config.php and then double-tap to edit the file.
Next, identify the part in the file where you have included the details of the database you have created.
DB_NAME: enter the name of your database.
DB_USER: enter the username you have created.
DB_PASSWORD: enter the password you have created.
DB_HOST: It is located usually in the local host or on the IP address.
DB_CHARSET: It is the language and encoding you have selected, UTF8.
Save the file when you are done.
Step 5- Run The Installation
Now, you are left with one step, which is to run WordPress installation & Configuration.
For this, you need to enter the Website’s URL in the browser. Thus, you will be prompted with the WordPress welcome screen.
- Now fill in all the welcome details of the page, such as the title of the site, username, password, and your email address. Later you can change the details if needed.
- Once you have completed the process click on install WordPress.
- When all things go well, you will manually install the WordPress using FTP.
- So, installing WordPress using FTP might involve several steps, and you would need to check with an expert, too, if needed. This is why we have said the first and second methods are quite easy for WordPress installation & Configuration.
Method 4- Install WordPress On Your Local Computer
The last method is to install WordPress on the local computer. The majority of the time, this is done when you want to test and develop something on your computer before publishing it to a live site.
Additionally, if you would like to study WordPress without having to invest in a domain and hosting, you might try out this alternative as well.
WAMP and XAMPP are two free programmes that you may install on your local computer to act as a web server and serve web pages to visitors. You can use them to generate a local copy of your WordPress website before publishing it to the internet.
Things You Need To Do After Installing WordPress
Finally, you have installed WordPress. However, that’s not enough to work on. There are a few things you need to work on with WordPress Theme. Look below:
Choose the WordPress Theme
This is important to choose as it will be the look of your site as to how it displays, how it works and more. Probably you will need to choose the WordPress theme which is safe, clean, and fast to load.
To enhance the quality of your site, you would need to install the plugins. It is software that increases the functionality of the website.
Some of the important plugins to install are:
If you are a newbie to WordPress, then learning WordPress will make you perfect in every way. You can take help from various portals online that are always available to guide you from basic to advance.
That’s all! All you need to do is follow the steps carefully. However, the first and second method is more convincing for all. We hope you have found this post helpful for WordPress installation & Configuration.